How can we protect ourselves against Malware Attack?
The Answer is NO way to protect 100%.
We need to understand how is the attack being carried out.
Malware come from the following source
- Email attachment (.exe,.com and any executable file) and phishing email.
- Download program: especially freeware. Usually install more than 1 program
- Unsecure site : Porn site, illegal Gambling Site, illegal download site (Music, Movie and Software)
What can Malware do to our system?
- ATP (C&C) Attack
- Exploit vulnerabilities of system and network
- Steal valuable information
- Lock your file and hold you ransom (Ransomware)
- Delete your files and alter your data.
Ways to prevent Malware
- Computer system needs to be update with patches.
- End-Protection need to be updated too. (Anti-Virus Program, Network equipment need to update too against equipment vulnerabilities.
- Turn on audit log to track the attack.
- Educate end user on self protection against Malware and other attack.
There is no perfect system as human being is the weakest link. Have a sound backup system and backup plan to recover quickly after an attack.